RUN THE GAUNTLET with Shoreline Greenway Trail’s Green Team and raise funds for the Trail.
Trailblazer’s 2nd Annual RUN THE GAUNTLET, a seriously fun 5K obstacle race to benefit Shoreline Greenway Trail, is happening on Sunday, September 29, 2013. Heats start at 9 am, 10 am, and 11 am.
Participants will face 14 obstacles — tires, hay bales, high walls, water, cargo nets and more – while running 3.1 miles along the course set on the beautiful shores of the Hammonasset Beach in Madison, CT.
Grab your friends, your kids, and your parents and join the SGT GREEN TEAM, led by our intrepid senior Board member John Paulson, who had so much fun last year he’s back for more. Runners of any age (12 years and above) are welcome. The first 20 supporters to join our Green Team will receive a free Shoreline Greenway Trail ‘Green Team‘ t-shirt.
To register, go to www.TrailblazerRaces.com. Enter “SGT Green Team” in the space provided for team name and check “open team.” The site also enables you to ask your friends and family to sponsor you and the Team to raise funds for the Trail. For more information about the Team, contact John at email@example.com
Can’t make the race? Click here to sponsor John & the SGT Green Team
Click here to watch the 2012 RUN THE GAUNTLET Video
* Wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
* Cold showers will be available after the event for all participants (towels will not be provided).
* Parking for the event is free. Head towards West Beach upon entering the Park and follow the signs to the race start.
* Spectators will be able to view the race at the beginning of the course, take a short walk to the beach to see participants at the 2 mile mark and then walk back to see everyone finish.
* Every participant of age will receive 2 complimentary beer tickets after they finish the race. You must have your bib present to receive your complimentary beer tickets. Spectators may purchase a food voucher for $10.
* Bread from Chabaso Bakery will also be available.