Would you like to have safe off-road biking and walking in Branford? Are you eager to see more trail being built? Come work on the Branford team of the Shoreline Greenway Trail, an all-volunteer organization dedicated to building a 25-mile continuous path for bicyclists, walkers and hikers on the Connecticut Shoreline from Lighthouse Point in New Haven through East Haven, Branford, and Guilford to Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison.
The Branford team is strong, but we find that we need volunteers to help us with some specific activities. If you have interest and skills in one of the following areas, please contact Judy Miller, SGT Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-589-8335.
- Coordinate with Town Chair and Town Team to oversee development of a trail section from beginning to end.
- Make a list of necessary land approvals and permits, and initiate and follow through on the process.
- Maintain a record of activities.
- Ascertain necessary funding and work with the team to provide it.
Local Publicity Leader
- Distribute First Saturday walk cards and any other printed announcements.
- Maintain notices on and check condition of trail head kiosks.
- Organize events with the help of the entire team.
- Generate and implement ideas for fundraising to build trail with the cooperation of the entire team.
- Work with other town groups to form a bicycle collaborative that will work to make Branford a more bicycle friendly town!
- Represent Shoreline Greenway Trail on the Bike Safety Rodeo with representatives of other town groups such as the Branford Recreation Department.