Trail Development and Trail Maintenance are the primary tasks of the Shoreline Greenway Trail. As such, they demand a great commitment of energy and expertise. Your help in the following areas can make our work faster and better.
Signs: working with the Trail Development Committee and the Outreach Committee, develop a consistent format, and determine best practices with regard to sign placement, height, etc. Responsibilities would include ordering signs and maintaining a supply.
Trail surface: Gather information about the various trail surfaces, compare surface options and cost analysis, and make recommendations to the Trail Development Committee.
Maps: Use your experience in Juno 3BGPS systems and/or be willing to develop expertise in order to help SGT with Trail mapping.
- Become familiar with ARC map mapping software.
- Use your expertise as a graphic artist to take maps generated by the system and convert them into documents accessible to the public.
- Develop an interactive mapping system for the internet.
Develop Trail: work with town engineers to:
- Define trail segments and develop tracking methodology.
- Research and develop trail building standards encompassing shoulders, substructure, crossings, grades, radius of turns.
- Manage and track trail development activities, expenses, etc.
Trail Maintenance Director:
- Maintain a list of members willing to work on the trail
- Organize Trail Stewards and monitor their reports
- Organize work parties
- Schedule regular trail maintenance work
Trail Maintenance Team:
- repair the trail
- weed as necessary
- cut and dispose of fallen branches and debris
- rake leaves
- clear new trail as needed
If you are interested and willing to help, please contact John Paulson at email@example.com or Judith Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.